|Overall Success Rate:|
Are your lashes thinning out as you age? Allergan, the same group behind Botox, brings Latisse, a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis or the condition of lash deficiency. A bimatopost ophthalmic solution, Latisse’s bid for greatness lies on claims of double the lash fullness in 16 weeks’ time. Bimatoprost, its main ingredient, is an FDA-approved drug used to manage ocular pressure and remedy glaucoma. Allergan owns the patent for this component, which has hair growth as its main side effect. A number of accounts on Latisse side effects has surfaced on the Internet, but one fact is that Latisse boasts of being the first and only FDA-approved eyelash enhancement solution on the market.
Official Site: http://www.latisse.com/
- Establishes that PRESCRIPTION is the only way to obtain and use product
- Offers exhaustive clinical findings
- More affordable price compared to other prescription products of its kind
- Highly informative, customer-oriented website
- Takes four months to see results
- Well-documented side effects, including reversible eyelid skin darkening and increased, probably permanent brown pigmentation of the colored eye part
- Benefits also stop once product use comes to a halt
Our team of lash stylists are impressed by how swiftly, impeccably Latisse obtained approval and a good industry status. The scientific literature on bimatoprost, its key ingredient, still needs a lot of work to prove any long-term harm, but our beauty panel is sure about one thing: we want to keep things simple, natural, non-drug and non-prescription. So far, Latisse leads the pack if you were to consider the diversity and degree of potential side effects. Sixteen weeks, too, is a long time to see astounding results (although the length and fullness improvement are gradually manifesting). We’re not sure if we want to participate in that waiting game.
How to Apply
- Before applying LATISSE® each night, ensure your face is clean, makeup and contact lenses are removed, and any other facial care products have already been applied.
- Remove an applicator from its tray. Then, holding the sterile applicator horizontally, place one drop of LATISSE® solution on the area of the applicator closest to the tip but not on the tip.
- Immediately draw the applicator carefully along the skin at the base of the upper eyelashes (where the eyelashes meet the skin) going from the inner part of your lash line to the outer part. DO NOT APPLY in your eye or to the lower lid because excess hair growth outside the treatment area may occur.
- Blot any excess solution beyond the eyelid with a tissue.
- Dispose of the applicator after one use. Repeat for opposite eyelid, using a new sterile applicator to help minimize any potential for contamination from one eyelid to another. (Source: Latisse website)
Cost and Size
Bimatoprost (active ingredient), Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Phosphate, dibasic, Citric Acid, Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide and/or Hydrochloric Acid may be added to adjust pH
Write a Review
||Lash Growth Speed||
|Potential to Promote Lash Growth||
||Potential to Improve Lash Texture||
|Potential of Ingredients to Promote Maximum Growth||
||Quality of Ingredients||